Tuesday, July 01, 2014

A letter to my mam

Tired I am tonight,  mam.
Holding inside me a pain of whole town.
Living a story that schehrizade didn't tell in thousand night and one night.
The face I see in the mirror is older tens of years from mine.
In my eyes I see no hope,  no light,  no sunshine.
Even my heartbeat seems to annoy me.
I don't know me mam!
My thoughts are crisd cross,
My plans are no plans.
The minutes are passing as weeks.
Even the seconds don't pass, mam!
I was lost in iraq ! So I flee out.
Now I am lost in Jordan ,mam! 

And if you want to hear a joke.  I just knew that I am expecting a baby. . so I am going to be a mother,  mam!

Readers who are interested:
like my new page on facebook : IraqiGirl Diary
Contact me on : hnk1989@gmail.com



8 comments:

Jan said...

Hadia,
Even times are not only hard and scary I like to congrat you with having a baby. I read all about Aya a long time ago. You were proud and happy. Be that with your own child in time.

take care,
Jan

Zirkuskind said...

Just read your interview on http://www.zeit.de and hope you are save. The things which happen to your homecountry are too big for me to understand, but I send you lots of good thoughts and strength from Germany.

Rike

Hadia ( pseudoname) said...

Jan, Rike. .. Thanks in advance

Jan said...

You're Welcome Hadia. Thanks for your reply. I read the interview on der Zeit-online. It's good to hear that you've got a place to sleep.

take care,
Jan

Unknown said...

Dear Hadia,
My name is Hannah. I've been following your blog since 2012. I just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed your book, Iraqi Girl. As an American, your book and blog helped me understand The Iraq War from a different point of view. Finally, I want to let you know, I hope that you and your family are safe. Furthermore, You are in my thoughts and prayers daily.
sincerely, Hannah

Ankur said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jarvenpa said...

Oh, Hadia, may you be safe. May your child be born in good times. Know that many hold you in their hearts.

Cathy Dadson said...

Haida, being a mother will be the best thing in your life. It will be hard being a refugee but you can become a light for the world. Keep love in your heart and know that you make a big difference in lives around the world! May Allah give you peace.